Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United – Prediction and Betting Tips
Everyone is praising Ole Gunnar Solskjær for United’s results since the Norwegian replaced Jose Mourinho on the Red Devils’ bench, but the game against Tottenham will be his first serious test. On Old Trafford, Kane and Lucas, with a brace, assured an easy win for the Spurs when the Portuguese was still the boss at United. Will we see a more even contest on Wembley? With United scoring 16 goals in the first five games with Solskjær on the bench, it’s safe to assume that the visitors will have a much better day than they did back in August
3 Reasons why Tottenham Hotspur will succeed over Manchester United
- Tottenham has won seven out of the last eight matches in all competitions
- Tottenham scored in all games this season expect the 0-1 defeat against Manchester City
- Tottenham hasn’t yet recorded a draw this Premier League season
3 Reasons why Manchester United will succeed over Tottenham Hotspur
- Manchester United has won every game since Ole Gunnar Solskjær arrived at Old Trafford
- Manchester United has scored at least two goals in the last five matches
- Manchester United hasn’t conceded a goal in the last two meetings in all competitions
Tottenham Hotspur – The Spurs are just six points behind Liverpool
Tottenham is involved in the title race, being 3rd in the Premier League standings, with 48 points, 46-21 aggregate. After the 1-3 home defeat against Wolverhampton Wanderers, Tottenham got back on track and won at Cardiff, 3-0. Following this win, Pochettino’s men won two other games.
Fist, came the 7-0 victory at Tranmere in the FA Cup, with Aurier, Llorente, Son, and Kane getting on the scoresheet. Mid-week, the Spurs defeated Chelsea, 1-0, at home, in the first leg of the Carabao Cup semifinals. Kane scored the only goal of the meeting in the 27th minute from a very controversial penalty.
Tottenham Hotspur line-up
- Goalkeeper: Hugo Lloris
- Backfield: Kieran Trippier, Toby Alderweireld, Ben Davies, Danny Rose
- Midfield: Heung-Min Son, Harry Winks, Christian Eriksen, Dele Alli, Moussa Sissoko
- Forwards: Harry Kane
Manchester United – Can the Red Devils keep their winning spree?
Since Ole Gunnar Solskjær took over the Manchester United bench, the Red Devils have won all of their five matches in all competitions. The last Premier League win was a 2-0 at Newcastle United, with Lukaku and Rashford getting the goals in the second half, while last weekend, Manchester United defeated Reading in the FA Cup with the same score, 2-0.
Mata and Lukaku assured an easy victory with two goals in the first 45 minutes. United has scored at least two goals in all matches since Solskjær’s arrival and the players seem fresh and willing to go out there and give their best.
Manchester United line-up
- Goalkeeper: David De Gea
- Backfield: Luke Shaw, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Ashley Young
- Midfield: Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera
- Forwards: Anthony Martial, Romelu Lukaku, Jesse Lingard
Why both teams should score – Odds and prediction
In the first game between these two teams this season, Tottenham smashed United on Old Trafford, 3-0. Obviously, the Red Devils will want revenge and now they have the tools to do it. Their game is top class at the moment, but, however, this seems to be the first challenge for Solskjær. Can his team surpass an opponent like Tottenham? It will be a tough contest, yet we expect both clubs performing well in the offensive compartment. If we choose BTTS for this match, then we can play it at 13/25 odds with Bethard. United is a scoring machine right now, but it has its issues in the back.