Chelsea vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips
Keeping Hazard at the end of the season depends on Chelsea catching the Champions League train this campaign. And with just four points ahead of Arsenal, we might assume that Sarri is a bit worried. How would Chelsea look without the Belgium international? Fans surely don’t want to find out. Saturday, Chelsea welcomes Newcastle United and only the three points are on the table for the hosts. Rafa Benitez’s team has trouble keeping the ball and rarely gets shots on target. This should be an easy win the for the Blues.
4 Reasons why Chelsea will succeed over Newcastle United
- Chelsea has conceded just 8 goals in 11 Premier League home matchesNewcastle has scored just 8 goals on the road, in 10 meetings
- Chelsea has lost just one home game in the championship, 0-1 against Leicester
- Hazard is a world-class player who can at make the difference anytime
3 Reasons why Newcastle United will succeed over Chelsea
- Although Newcastle is 15th in the Premier League, it has the 7th best defence in the league
- Newcastle has a world-class manager, Rafa Benitez
- Newcastle has lost just one of its last six away games in the Premier League
Chelsea need to prove that they can finish in the top four
Chelsea is 4th in the Premier League, with 44 points, 38-16 aggregate, 10 points behind leaders Liverpool. But we don’t think Sarri’s main goal this season is the title, but obtaining a Champions League position. Arsenal is 5th, just three points shy of Chelsea, so the battle for this objective will surely be entertaining.
The Blues won their FA Cup meeting with Nottingham, 2-0, thanks to a Morata “brace”, but failed mid-week at Tottenham, 0-1, in the first leg of the Carabao Cup semifinals. The visitors had better possession, more shots on target (5 vs 4), yet Kane’s goal from a controversial penalty in the first half made the difference. However, Chelsea can easily turn things around on Stamford Bridge.
- Goalkeeper: Kepa Arrizabalaga
- Backfield: Marcos Alonso, David Luiz, Antonio Rudiger, Cesar Azpilicueta
- Midfield: N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic
- Forwards: Willian, Eden Hazard, Pedro
Newcastle United – Can Benitez work his magic on Stamford Bridge?
With just one win in the last nine matches in all competitions, Newcastle United is in no way in a comfortable situation. In the Premier League, Benitez’s team stands 15th, with 18 points, 15-29 aggregate. Just four victories this season and the second worst attack in the league.
After a 0-2 home defeat in the PL against Manchester United, Newcastle went to play Blackburn in the FA Cup. Also at home, but Newcastle once again failed to win. It was a 1-1 draw and the Magpies will have to obtain their qualification on the road.
Rondon is the team’s best goalscorer, with 5 goals this campaign.
Newcastle United line-up
- Goalkeeper: Martin Dubravka
- Backfield: DeAndre Yedlin, Fabian Schar, Jamaal Lascelles, Paul Dummett
- Midfield: Mohamed Diame, Isaac Hayden, Matt Ritchie, Christian Atsu
- Forwards: Jose Rondon, Ayoze Perez
Why we won’t see both teams scoring – Odds and prediction
BTNTS seems the reasonable prediction when one of the best defences in the league tackles one of the worst attacks in the Premier League. Sarri’s main issue right now is that he doesn’t really have solutions on the bench, so he’s obligated to mainly use the same 11. But Newcastle doesn’t know how to pressure and rarely creates danger in the last third of the pitch. At Newcastle, Chelsea won 2-1, but the visitors had 81% possession and things should have gone a lot easier. The Blues have won their last six home matches against Newcastle in all competitions.